Just when we thought we might be getting back to normal, the virus has raged again.
Now that Pennsylvania is in lockdown, it’s important your customers understand if you’re open and how you’re operating. There’s a lot of confusion right now because some of the businesses that were shut down during the first lockdown, are now open. If your customers are confused or assume you’re closed, you stand to lose a lot of business.
Don’t make your customers have to do all the work. Make it easy for them to keep buying from you. The business owners that communicate well right now will be the ones that survive the next few weeks (let’s hope that’s all it is.)
Here’s what to share:
- Are you open or closed?
- Have you changed your hours?
- Have you changed the way you deliver your services right now?
- What are your protocols during COVID? Are you meeting remotely? Are you restricting the number of people to your locations?
Here’s the best way to keep in touch with your customers:
- Your Website: Update your website, specifically your home page with COVID information.
- Email: Email your customers via an email platform like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Social Media: Use your social media channels to update customers. They might respond with questions so be prepared to have conversations with them.
About the Author: Meg Huwar is a small business marketing expert and Principal of Brand Accelerator. She and her team work with companies who want to market their business but don’t have the time, experience or staff to do it themselves. Meg can be reached at email@example.com or 412-848-8822.